Tower of London
Enjoy this year’s special holiday event from 27-31 December!
- — See the authentic Crown Jewels of the United Kingdom safely protected within the Tower’s fortifications
- — Take a free guided tour with a Yeoman Warder (Beefeater). These 60-minute tours show you many of the highlights
- — The White Tower (which gives the Tower of London its name) contains the Royal Armory and its fascinating collection of armor and weaponry
The site of political scheming, bloody beheadings, and the home of the Crown Jewels, the Tower of London is a terrific place to spend a fascinating – and slightly eerie – day.
There’s plenty to explore here at the Tower of London. It’s been everything from royal residence to mint, menagerie, armory, observatory and the holding place for the Crown Jewels – a function it still serves.
You’ll obviously want to check out all that royal bling, but there’s plenty more to see.
The White Tower holds, among other things, Henry VIII’s XXXL suit of armor in the Royal Armories collection. St John’s Chapel, on the first floor, dates back to 1080, making it the oldest church in London!
The best way to get oriented is to take a tour with one of the Yeoman Warders. These men and women (popularly known as ‘Beefeaters’) have been guarding the tower for hundreds of years. Their 60-minute tours leave every half hour from the main entrance.
Be prepared for tales of intrigue, imprisonment, execution, torture and other gruesome thrills.
- From £24.70
- Daily, excluding 23-26th December
- All days except Monday: 9am - 4.30pm, Monday: 10am - 4.30pm
- Tower Hill